Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pure Christianity

Wow - two blogs in two days...sheer insanity. One of these days, I'll figure out how to put videos and other cool stuff in my blogs. I'll be one dangerous man at that point. But for now, I figure not too many folks read this, so I don't have to say anything spectacular. Just blog, baby.

Went and saw my good friend, Ron Strode, today in the hospital. Been through more physical problems in the last 7 years than anyone I've known. Keeps fighting through and keeps trusting God. More than once, Ron would have been absolutely fine with seeing Heaven. It's folks like him that make me realize what's important....where the "rubber meets the road".

I always feel at ease when I see someone in the hospital. Felt like I've done something real important. Not that everything in ministry isn't important. But I understand the scripture in James 1:27 where it is mentions that pure Christianity is loving and caring for those who need it most. That's probably why I feel a "contentment" coming out of a hospital...it's pure Christianity flowing through one's veins. Your focus is totally on another person for a few hours. And you know God's gotta love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment