Monday, March 8, 2010

It's a Wonderful Life

My life is somewhat interesting...I guess. People probably wonder what my life is like. Maybe they don't. Some have told me they wouldn't have my job as a pastor for all the tea in China (would make more sense to say all the "people in China" - likely more people than tea). Others say it must be cool being a pastor. But leading a local church is only a part of my life.

Right now my brain is on basketball, for example. NCAA basketball. NCAA tournament basketball. There's a song or something that says Christmas is "the most wonderful time of the year". Must not have been a basketball fan. You would surmise that God is a supporter of all things wonderful. Basketball is wonderful. Thus, God is a basketball fan.

My life is also about the wife and kids. They are wonderful (most of the time). So again, God is a fan of my family. Over the last several years, our family has developed the habit of dominating certain rooms in the house. Most husband dudes, by default, will dominate the room with the largest TV and remote control. The Page clan is no exception. The living room is where I be. I dominate. You must have a password to touch the remote.

Dana is the dominator of the master bedroom. Folds laundry in there (just so you know I'm not chauvenist, she doesn't let me do the laundry after my infamous "pink" load). Checks her facebook in there. Reads in there. Hollers into the living room from there. It is her domain.

Kaley's hideout used to be her bedroom, but due to, shall we say "proper teenage disciplinary actions", she hangs out a little with everyone else - probably because her room no longer has a TV....or a computer....or a cell phone....or anything electronic come to think of it. We did let her retain her bed. Keelan is a home room hanger. Once in a while, we'll do a man cave thing and play ping-pong (excuse me, I meant table tennis) in the basement. One of these days I'll get heat down there so we can actually enjoy that half of the house. That would be wonderful. Then God could become a fan of our basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment